Thursday, February 12, 2009

First reading of "Wasteland"

Well, the first reading of Wasteland was really confusing to me. I truly do not understand a thing it is saying. I feel like it is taking me all sorts of places, and I can not grasp what is going on at all. I started to just drift towards the end of it, and gave up on trying to interprut it. The whole poem doesn't really seem to be saying much of anything. There seems to be no theme or rhyme or reason, (which I am sure there is) and it makes it really difficult at parts. I really did not enjoy it one bit, and I know I am no one to judge what is good poetry, and what isn't but to me I do not understand it. The way it is written, however, seems to be rather clever, and that did capture my attention a little. I like to read things, and want to re read them because I want to find the answers to questions I create, or ponder meanings of certain parts. This poem does not make me want to read it again, but for the sake of a second chance (and this class). I am going to re read it again, and try to grasp it better.

No comments:

Post a Comment